Introducing.....Dom Tiano Jr - Director of Finance

New to the community? First time on the forums? Either way, come say hi!
DomTiano

Introducing.....Dom Tiano Jr - Director of Finance

Post by DomTiano » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Hello all.
I am retired. I played trumpet in school, and was in the HS marching band (geek, haha). I played a little guitar, and drums, once I gave up trumpet.
I went to college as an IT major, got married, had 2 daughters, no music.
I decided when I turned 60 to get 'real' with guitar. Still working on it, but I can hold my own. I collect guitars. I also have and play, but not well, a Mandolin, a Ukelele, a Resonator. I also have a violin. Can't play it but bought it from a fellow musician who needed money.
I started going to open mics at The New Leaf Club in Bryn Mawr, where I met Adam, and Danie. Amazing people. I got the nerve to go on stage, for more worse than better, but now I am comfortable up there. I am heavily influenced and inspired by Adam and Danie as musicians.
Watching them MAKES me always try to be better. I Still make mistakes. Billy Joel said once that mistakes are the only truly original things we musicians do.
I learned about WWP, totally believe in it, and I am passionate about making it work. I was asked to handle paying the bills and handling new member application entry into our Quickbooks program, and automating the membership billing. So if you have any questions about those matters, come to me direct, and I will do what I can to help.
I love acoustic music, although I grew up on big band, when I was very small, then rock and roll, with my favorites and strong influences being The Beatles. Then after them, The Eagles, Jimi Hendrix, James Taylor, Vince Gill.....yep I am all over the place. I think that is the way it should be. I love music, don't care what category it is put into. :roll: