Hey Everyone!

New to the community? First time on the forums? Either way, come say hi!
Nick Macy

Hey Everyone!

Post by Nick Macy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello, I'm Nick Macy and I'm an audio engineer and community outreach team-member with Working While Playing, as well as the creator of these forums!

I am 23 years old and I live in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. I plan on moving into Philadelphia before next Winter.

I initially heard of WWP through a 'now hiring' post online after coming home from college in early April 2017. I applied for a position as Audio Engineer and got an interview with Tyler. He offered me the position and I have been with the organization since!

My interest in music is mostly rooted in Hip-Hop. I started free-style rapping when I was 18 and writing when I was 20. Eventually, after having multiple people mix my music to what I considered a sub-par level, I decided to teach myself audio engineering. I also analyze rap to a (probably unnecessarily) deep level, which I have presented once in the form of a presentation at our Baltimore Avenue location opening event.

Considering I work with WWP and also have a near-full-time job at GNC, I don't have much free time. However, when I do, I enjoy going to the gym, playing basketball, or playing video games. Of course, I always try to make time for music, but recently the creative juices haven't been flowing as much, unfortunately.

When I do get to music though, I generally am most heavily influenced by Kendrick Lamar, at least on a conscious level. But, if I had to choose one artist that I am most like, it would probably be Mick Jenkins. I also draw some influence from poetry as well. A lot of my process for writing stems from ideas that I garnered from Edgar Allen Poe.

I'm always looking for people to work with, especially if you make beats! I'm trying to get my music out there more, so if you know of any rap-friendly venues, let me know!

I look forward to meeting everyone!